Ncardia is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
Ncardia has an R&D department in Leiden (the Netherlands), a sales department in Cologne (Germany) and manufacturing facilities in Gosselies (Belgium) and Cologne (Germany). We are an enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Sales department in Cologne (Germany) there is a position immediately available for a scientific sales person with an established sales region in Europe.
As a Sales Representative you will be part of our commercial team with a primary responsibility to manage the existing relationships of Ncardia as well as to identifying new potential customers, introducing them to our products and services and working with them by providing support and customer service so as to ensure that they purchase products/services and become recurring customers. You will be supported in this initiative with scientific support, tools and promotional resources designed to have local impact. You are responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is achieved and will work in close collaboration with Ncardia sales, Marketing, Business Development and Product Management representatives. You are a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree of customer focus.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the territory.
- Locate new potential customers via prospecting, cold calling and setting up appointments with key decision makers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by colleagues or through marketing activities.
- Prepare price quotations, discounts and custom requests at the customers’ request.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- You are a highly independent, motivated, skilled, organized, pro-active, an excellent team player and show a high degree of customer focus.
- You are a strong communicator with relevant scientific sales experience and a will to develop leads and close sales.
- You have a strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Good writing and oral communication skills, including excellent negotiation skills in English
- Advanced degree (M.Sc. Ph.D or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline (molecular, cellular or developmental biology preferred) preferably with drug development or discovery experience.
- At least 3 years experience in consultative scientific sales.
- Experience with CRM and ERP solutions preferably Saleforce.com.
- Preferably a native English speaker with German knowledge or vice versa.
- Experience in a Life Science/Biotech company or CRO is a plus.
Job Location: Cologne, Germany
Position Type: Full-Time
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and growing biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Competitive salary depending on your education and experience.
For questions or more information about this vacancy, please contact Felix von Haniel (VP Sales and BD) or Roman Bucerius (Director Sales and BD) via the email address below.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae ASAP and by December 15th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org