Ncardia is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The Head of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for planning, assigning and overseeing standard manufacturing activities, packaging and the movement of the final product. The position requires an individual who is an excellent communicator, with the ability to work in a flat organizational structure as a peer/coach to other employees. The Head of Manufacturing Operations must be a proven leader and "hands-on" operator who thrives on getting things done. The ideal candidate will be experienced in cell manufacturing and managing teams to deliver results in four key operational areas: People, Quality, Service, and Cost. The Head of Manufacturing Operations reports to the COO of the Ncardia group and will work closely together with the Head of Manufacturing Technology, together forming the local management of Ncardia’s Gosselies site.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build and maintain operational oversight of standard manufacturing, QC, purchasing, facility management and logistics
- Manage best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies, quality performance and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Tightly manage COGS through cost control, material usage efficiency, labor utilization and quality performance
- Provide strong leadership to direct reports and with stakeholders across company functions
- Interact on a day to day basis with the head of manufacturing technology and regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with company directions
- Plan and administer procedures and site budgets
- Academic education in a biology field or (bio)chemical engineering or equivalent work experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- At least 8 years of cell culture manufacturing experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with peers across departments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Quality management systems such as ISO9001
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Full-Time, working part-time (0.8 FTE can be considered depending on candidate profile).
Please send a motivation letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a PDF copy of this job posting here.