Ncardia is an established, globally-operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly-predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
Ncardia has an R&D department in Leiden (Netherlands), a sales department in Cologne (Germany) and manufacturing facilities in Gosselies (Belgium) and Cologne (Germany). We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The Production Technician will support the laboratory activities related to the manufacturing processes in compliance with safety and ISO9001:2015 requirements, under supervision of the Manufacturing Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform state-of-the-art cell culture techniques in the field of human stem cell maintenance
- Perform batch production and cryopreservation of differentiated cells (cardiomyocytes/neurons)
- Perform large scale media production
- Support routine lab activities such as solution stock keeping and equipment maintenance)
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed
- Bachelor Degree in (applied) biological science or related domains
- Demonstrable practical experience in cell culture techniques is a requirement (such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, aseptic techniques)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Experience with stem cells is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality norm is an asset
- Well-organized, precise, and reliable
- Understanding of good documentation practices
- Highly motivated, pro-active, and autonomous
- Flexibility to work weekend hours
- Good communication skills and team-player
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal
Please send a motivation letter outlining your suitability for this position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org