Ncardia is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
Ncardia has an R&D department in Leiden (the Netherlands), a sales department in Cologne (Germany) and manufacturing facilities in Gosselies (Belgium) and Cologne (Germany). We are an enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
As R&D technician, you will work on the development and optimization of methods to generate and maintain high quality hiPSC-derived neuronal cell models, which will be used for in vitro safety and efficacy testing of drugs.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform experiments, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
- Comply with designed experiments
- Write reports, outlining procedures used and the results obtained
- Complete proper forms, documents and laboratory note book
- Report to scientists
- Manage work in accordance of timeline goals
- Work according to best cell culture practices
- Adhere to company quality standards at all times
- Bachelor life science related field
- Familiarity with the following techniques: in vitro cell culture, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, electrophysiology
- Affinity with stem cell differentiation, neuron cell culture and/or neuronal activity based assays is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of English both written and verbal
- Highly motivated, pro-active, autonomous and flexible
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
- Good communication skills and team-player
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to work weekend hours
March 1st, 2018
Please send a motivation letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org