Ncardia is a stem cell drug discovery & development company operating worldwide with facilities and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, and the USA. Ncardia is built on the belief and trust that stem cell technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space including cardiovascular and neural safety and efficacy studies.
Using its widely applicable technology, Ncardia has successfully developed various hiPSC-derived cardiovascular and neuronal cell products. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services, from disease modeling to cardiovascular drug efficacy screening, along with cardiac safety assessment.
We are currently expanding our enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our R&D team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a motivated and experienced (associate) scientist.
As an (associate) scientist you will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of various dedicated cardiovascular cell-based assays to support a new Ncardia program.
Technical and general skills
- You are a highly motivated, pro-active, accurate, creative, and committed team worker.
- Besides having good laboratory experience, you are flexible, reliable and open-minded.
- Ability to work independently following description of tasks assigned
- Taking responsibility, dedicated, and result oriented. In general, you require little instruction but only content specific coaching on new assignments
- Experience with the development of cell-based assays and techniques such as FACS, qPCR and AlphaLISA
- Excellent reporting skills, affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Ability to meet and communicate routinely with team members and to facilitate discussion on progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities.
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English
Education and experience
- BSc/MSc or equivalent working and thinking level with specialization/experience in cell biology. Experience with cardiovascular biology is a plus
- More than 3 years of work experience in industry
- Strong affinity with assay development and drug discovery
- Affinity with quality systems is a plus
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience we provide an appropriate salary.
For questions or further information about this vacancy, please contact Arie Reijerkerk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
The vacancy is open for application until the position is filled. On Wednesday May 16th, 2018 a first selection of candidates will be made. We look forward to receiving your application!