Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The company is a supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes hiPSC based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom manufacturing of a range of cell types, as well as discovery services such as disease modelling, screening, and safety assays. Manufacturing process development expertise supports the development of cell therapy products.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our manufacturing technology team in Gosselies (Belgium) there is a position immediately available for a (Senior) Scientist in Stem Cell Biology, who will report to the Director Manufacturing Technology.
Our internal culture statement promotes Ncardia as an ambitious company expecting from its employees a positive attitude, transparent behavior, respectful communication, with integrity as the most important value.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The manufacturing technology team is part of Ncardia’ service and innovation team, where we apply stem cell technology to develop manufacturing strategies for novel cell replacement therapies and for disease modelling and screening. Our team focuses on process development, related analyses and manufacturing of cells. We control processes across the entire pluripotent stem cell workflow, starting with cell line characterization and ending with fully differentiated functionally well-characterized cells.
As (Senior) Scientist in Stem Cell Process Development, your key responsibilities will be in developing suspension-based and/or adherent culture systems manufacturing processes and analytical methods for human pluripotent stem cell-based products.
You have a strong background in developmental biology and understand stem cell maintenance and cell lineage differentiation.
You will join an international and dedicated group of scientists, project leaders and laboratory technicians. We have expertise in bioprocess development, stem cell biology, quality system compliance and cell based assays and truly believe that stem cell therapies will make a difference in the lives of patients suffering from chronic diseases. If this awakens your interest, please apply and support us to achieve our mission in bringing better therapies to patients faster.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and optimize hiPSC differentiation processes
- Design and execute studies for the development of novel hiPSC-derived cell types based on QbD principles, including DoE and statistical analysis
- Coordinate work with laboratory technicians and associates.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing group.
- Collaborate with project teams (including business development and QA) to integrate processes.
- As a major part of the job responsibility includes hands on processes development, the preferred candidate is a highly motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
- Scientific academic degree in life sciences (developmental biology, human biology, biochemistry, or other relevant discipline) at PhD level or above, preferably combined with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong background in cell biology with extensive experience in expansion and differentiation of stem cells, particularly human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) in adherent and/or suspension-based culture systems.
- Experience in developing, scaling and optimising stem cell processes ensuring that desired quality and target cell characteristics are maintained.
- Experience with assay techniques, particularly Flow cytometry, and functional cell based assays
- Familiarity with generation and interpretation of large datasets
- Experience with DOE models, and background in using statistical software
- Experience in maintaining organized and detailed notebook records to support internal documentation needs
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Proven successful development of process
- Familiarity with risk assessments such as FMEA and designing, streamlining, and characterizing processes in the Quality by Design space
- Attention for details, and drive for problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when weekend work is required
- You are open-minded and a good communicator by nature.
- You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur.
- You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
- Since we are working in an international environment; proficiency in English, both written and spoken, is a prerequisite.
Job Location: Gosselies
Position Type Full time
Start Date: Immediately
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
For questions or further information about this vacancy, please contact Naàlia Marinho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by September 30 to: email@example.com