Ncardia is a stem cell CRO/CMO company operating worldwide with facilities and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the USA. Ncardia is built on the belief and trust that stem cell technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space including cardiovascular and neural safety and efficacy studies.
We are currently expanding our enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Services & Innovation team in Gosselies (Belgium) a position is immediately available for a motivated Bioprocess Scientist.
For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The Bioprocess Scientist will independently design, plan and execute experiments to develop, implement and qualify robust manufacturing processes for large-scale production of hiPSC derived cells.
Immediate focus will be on the implementation and optimization of novel processes for the manufacturing of cardiomyocytes from patient derived human IPSC cells. Future activities will involve process development for other cell lineages. These activities will include the support of further scale up and process improvements for Ncardia’ iPSC-derived cells. The ideal candidate is creative and results-driven, has expertise working with suspension culture bioreactors, and is motivated to fully understand and optimize process parameters to subsequently improve the manufacturing process and product.
He/she will report to the Head of Manufacturing technology.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implement scalable cell production processes and validate these processes for further scale-up
- Support additional Process Development/Optimization projects
- Support custom manufacturing activities, designed according to customer requirements
- Coach / mentor manufacturing technicians
- Establish project plans and reports and work according to timelines, budget and milestones
- Establish ISO9001-2015 compliant documentation required for custom manufacturing activities
- Ncardia employees are highly motivated, skilled, pro-active and excellent team workers. We expect commitment and flexibility as well as reliability and open-mindedness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including accurate and legible documentation skills in English
- Understanding of hiPSC culture processes with an in-depth knowledge of scalable upstream technologies is required.
- Expertise in adherent and or suspension stem or progenitor cell culturing is required.
- Hands on experience with the commercially available adherent (2D) and suspension (3D) cell expansion platforms.
- Experience in development and scale-up of cell production processes.
- Capable of evaluating and summarizing data using analytical methodologies, interpreting results, drawing conclusions and recommending options for future experiments to achieve project goals.
- Effective and professional communication skills, written and oral, and aptitude for problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer oriented, and able to work effectively in a team.
- MSc/PhD or equivalent in stem cell biology or biological sciences
- At least 2 years of experience in Biotech or Pharma company
- Hands on experience with 3D cell expansion platforms
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments and statistical analyses is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 is an asset
Please send a motivation letter and + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org