Ncardia is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
Ncardia has an R&D and services operations in Leiden (The Netherlands), a commercial team operating from Germany and the USA and manufacturing facilities in Gosselies (Belgium). We are an enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
As part of significant growth of the manufacturing operations in Gosselies Ncardia is recruiting multiple cell culture technicians.
The cell culture technician will be involved in all aspects of the manufacturing of Ncardia’s human cardiac and neuronal cell products, under supervision of the Manufacturing Manager. Activities include advanced stem cell culture, state of the art differentiation processes, media manufacturing and down-stream processing.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform state of the art cell culture techniques in the field of human stem cell maintenance
- Perform batch production and cryopreservation of differentiated cells (cardiomyocytes/neurons)
- Perform media production
- Support routine lab activities such as solution stock keeping and equipment maintenance
- Perform Quality Control assays on finished products (Flow cytometry, Endotoxin assay, Mycoplasma assay, Multi Electrode Array)
- Perform Quality Control assays on raw materials
- Collect and record data accurately following standard operation procedures in compliance with ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Pro-active mindset, propose solutions and participate in investigations whenever needed
- Bachelor Degree in (applied) biological science or related domains
- Demonstrated practical experience in cell culture techniques is a requirement (such as, maintenance of cell lines, cell differentiation, cryopreservation, cell counting, media preparation, aseptic techniques)
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Experience with stem cells is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality norm is an asset
- Well-organized, precise and reliable
- Understanding of good documentation practices
- Highly motivated, pro-active and autonomous
- Flexibility to work weekend hours
- Good communication skills and team-player
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of English both written and verbal
A full-time contract (a part-time contract can be considered), with possibility of weekend work.
The opportunity to work in a mid-size international orientated company.
An attractive package in line with the experience and background of the candidates.
Please send a motivation letter and a resume to email@example.com