Ncardia is a privately held stem cell solution provider for drug discovery and cell therapy companies. We operate worldwide with facilities and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the USA. Our goal is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and cell therapy space.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes iPSC derived manufacturing processes and highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The Director Manufacturing will be responsible for planning, assigning and overseeing manufacturing activities in Gosselies. The Director Manufacturing has managerial responsibility for the Team Manufacturing Technology and the Team Manufacturing Operations. She/He reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the Ncardia group.
In addition, the Director Manufacturing holds the function of Head Manufacturing Operations. In that capacity he/she manages the Team Manufacturing Operations.
The Director Manufacturing produces hiPSC-derived frozen cells and cells on 96-well plates that are available from Ncardia’s catalogue. Furthermore, the team prepares on-demand batches of cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing.
The Director Manufacturing must be a proven leader and "hands-on" operator who thrives on getting things done. The ideal candidate will be experienced in cell manufacturing and managing teams to deliver results in four key operational areas: People, Quality, Service, and Cost.
The position requires an individual who is an excellent communicator, with the ability to work in a flat organizational structure as a peer/coach to other employees.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
The Director Manufacturing has the following essential duties and areas of responsibility
- Develop operational plans and lead execution of all manufacturing activities in the Gosselies Services and Innovations team
- Interact with management, executive team and departments to ensure that the company’s operational priorities are aligned with the strategy of the Ncardia group.
- Build and maintain operational oversight of manufacturing and QC
- Manage best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies, quality performance and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Tightly manage COGS through cost control, material usage efficiency, labor utilization and quality performance
- Provide strong leadership to direct reports and with stakeholders across the group
- Plan and administer procedures and budgets
- An M.Sc degree in biology or (bio)chemical engineering or equivalent work experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. An advanced degree (Ph.D.) preferred.
- At least 7 years of cell culture manufacturing experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- At least 7 years experience in commercial team management roles,
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues across departments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Quality management systems such as ISO9001
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Willing to travel and flexibility with working hours
Please send a motivation letter and + resume to email@example.com