Ncardia is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company. At Ncardia we believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of cardiovascular services from disease modeling to drug efficacy screening.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
For more information, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The (senior) scientist will lead cell development manufacturing (service) projects and is responsible for the development and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell-based models with a strong emphasis on neuroscience research. He/she will report to the Head of Manufacturing technology, coordinate, plan, supervise and undertake experimental work to develop and characterize hiPSC-derived cell models.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Listen to customer requirements, design together with peers and our global BD team project plans that addresses customer requests. Report on project progress to customers
- Develop and optimize differentiation and cell culture protocols for the development of high quality iPSC-derived cell models
- Develop and optimize methods and assays for quality control of iPSC-derived cell models
- Develop and optimize methods for upscaling
- Collaborate with our assay services team in the Netherlands to provide cell based assays ready for services to customers
- Carry out literature studies on potential new projects
- Coach / mentor manufacturing technicians
- Establish ISO9001-2015 compliant documentation required for custom manufacturing activities
- Support custom manufacturing activities
- Ncardia employees are highly motivated, skilled, pro-active and excellent team workers. We expect commitment and flexibility as well as reliability and open-mindedness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including accurate and legible documentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently following description of projects; generally requires little or no instruction and only general instruction on new assignments.
- Communicating routinely with management and peers to discuss about direction and strategy and resolve problems or issues.
- Motivates and leads the project team members.
- PhD or equivalent in stem cell biology or neurobiology
- Proven track record in development and/or application of hiPSC-based technology
- Hands on experience with 3D cell expansion platforms
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments and statistical analyses is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 is an asset
Please send a motivation letter and + resume to email@example.com