Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The goal of the company is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces, and commercializes highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. In addition, Ncardia develops and provides its customers with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit to lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Services and Innovation team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a Scientist or Senior Scientist in Neurobiology, who will report to the Director of Discovery Technologies.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The (Senior) scientist will lead drug testing projects and will be responsible for the development and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell-based models, with a strong emphasis on neurobiology research. He/she will report to the Director of Discovery Technologies, coordinate, plan, supervise and undertake experimental work to develop and characterize hiPSC-derived cell models, and use them as a platform for drug discovery, efficacy, and safety assessment.
As a (Senior) Scientist you will be involved in the development, implementation, and execution of specialized neuronal cell-based assays, focused on supplying contract research services to biotech and pharma companies, in order to support their drug discovery programs throughout the pre-clinical phase. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated researcher with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
- You are a highly motivated, proactive, accurate, creative, and committed team player
- Besides having an excellent laboratory experience, you are flexible, reliable, and open-minded
- You work independently following description of projects
- You take responsibility, and you are dedicated and result oriented. In general, you require little instruction in the form of content-specific coaching on new assignments
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Ability to meet and communicate routinely with management, team members and clients, and to facilitate discussion on progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities
- You can work in close collaboration with our external clients and skilled colleagues from discovery, manufacturing, and business development
- You can motivate and lead the project team members
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English
- PhD or equivalent in neurobiology
- Proven track record in development and/or application of hiPSC-based neurobiology techniques
- Excellent publication record in a relevant field
- Proficiency in experimental design, statistical analysis, and adherence to strict timelines
- Affinity with ISO9001 and/or GLP quality systems
- Familiarity with the following techniques: aseptic in vitro cell culture, cell-based assays, tissue engineering and organoid formation, flow cytometry, high-content imaging, luminescence/fluorescence/absorbance assays, metabolic assays, electrophysiology, calcium-imaging, laboratory automation
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
For questions or further information about this vacancy, please contact Elena Matsa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by August 14th, 2020 to: email@example.com