Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. The company is a supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
Ncardia develops, produces and commercializes hiPSC based solutions. Our offerings range from concept development to pre-clinical studies, including custom manufacturing of a range of cell types, as well as discovery services such as disease modelling, screening, and safety assays. Manufacturing process development expertise supports the development of cell therapy products.
We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution. Within our Manufacturing Technology team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for a (Senior) Scientist Stem Cell Biology, who will report to the Director Manufacturing Technologies.
Our internal culture statement promotes Ncardia as an ambitious company expecting from its employees a positive attitude, transparent behavior, respectful communication, with integrity as the most important value.
For more information about the company, please visit our website www.ncardia.com.
The (Senior) Scientist will hold key responsibilities to develop processes and analytical methods for the manufacture and characterization of new hiPSC-derived cell models. The position also involves supporting project acquisition and project leadership. Projects are executed with companies active in biotechnology and cell therapy. He/she will report to the Director of Manufacturing Technologies.
The ideal candidate is creative, client-oriented, and results-driven, has an established track record of success with sound technical qualifications and knowledge in stem cell and developmental biology with desire to work in a laboratory-focused role.
Tasks and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a key scientist and project lead in stem cell process development
- Establish project plans for the development of processes for manufacturing of hiPSC-derived cells, according to defined timelines, budget and milestones.
- Design and execute studies for the development of novel hiPSC-derived cell types.
- Establish documentation regarding the specific bioprocess development and batch production processes (e.g. SOPs, Work Instructions, Records)
- Foster a collaborative work environment for project teams (including Business Development and QA), lead and motivate project team members to ensure sound technical and commercial decision making.
- Listen to customer requirements, design project proposals that address customer requests together with peers and our global Business Development team
- Communicate routinely with management, peers and clients to discuss about direction and strategy and resolve problems or issues.
- Ph.D. in life sciences, developmental biology or related discipline.
- Proven track record with stem cells, iPSCs and differentiation into functional cells in adherent and/or suspension-based culture systems
- Experience with development, optimization and scale-up of mammalian cell manufacturing processes and process characterization (strong statistical analysis, familiarity with QbD/DoE approaches is a plus)
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, strong affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Attention for details, dedicated, result oriented, and a drive for problem solving
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Ability to work effectively in a project-based manner within a global team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when weekend work is required
- Affinity with Intellectual Property, ISO9001 and/or GLP quality systems is a plus
- As a person, you are open-minded and a good communicator by nature. You have a high level of energy that drives you and inspires your colleagues. You thrive in a changing and dynamic work environment, and in a job that requires you to be flexible, take initiatives and think out of the box when challenges occur. You are a true team-player who enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues in and out of the laboratory.
Leiden, The Netherlands
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic biotech company with room for personal growth and development. Depending on your education and experience, we provide an appropriate salary.
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by October 2nd, 2020 to: email@example.com