Ncardia is an established, globally operating, stem cell-based drug discovery & cell therapy company. At Ncardia, we believe that stem technology will help get better therapies to patients faster. Our goal is to be the supportive and trusted partner for scientists operating within the human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) drug discovery and cell therapy fields, and in particular, in the cardiovascular and neurology space.
We develop, produce, and commercialize predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems. Additionally, Ncardia develops and provides its clients with a broad portfolio of services from cardiovascular and neuronal disease modeling to target discovery and validation, primary or secondary drug screening, hit-to-lead and lead optimization, safety assessment, and pre-clinical patient stratification. We are an enthusiastic, skilled, and committed international team in which everyone has the opportunity to make a decisive contribution.
Within our Services and Innovation team in Leiden (The Netherlands) there is a position immediately available for an Associate Scientist, who will report to the Director of Discovery Technologies.
As an associate scientist you will be involved in the development, implementation, and execution of specialized cardiovascular and neuronal cell-based assays, focused on supplying contract research services to biotech and pharma companies, in order to support their drug discovery programs throughout the pre-clinical phase.
- You are a highly motivated, pro-active, accurate, creative, and committed team worker
- Besides having good laboratory experience, you are flexible, reliable, and open-minded
- You work independently following description of assigned tasks
- You take responsibility, and you are dedicated and result oriented. In general, you require little instruction but only content-specific coaching on new assignments
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills, affinity with data analyses and data presentation
- Ability to meet and communicate routinely with team members and to facilitate discussion on progress as well as possible challenges and opportunities
- Good writing and oral communication skills in English
- BSc / MSc or equivalent working and thinking level in pharmaceutical, biomedical, biochemical, molecular, or bioengineering sciences, with optional specialization/experience in cardiovascular and/or neuronal cell biology
- Experience in Life Sciences laboratory work, for at least 5 years
- Experience in a Life Sciences/Biotech company or CRO
- Affinity with ISO9001 and/or GLP quality systems
- Familiarity with the following techniques: aseptic in vitro cell culture, cell-based assays, tissue engineering and organoid formation, flow cytometry, high-content imaging, luminescence/fluorescence/absorbance assays, metabolic assays, electrophysiology, calcium-imaging, laboratory automation
Leiden, The Netherlands
For questions or further information about this vacancy, please contact Elena Matsa (email@example.com).
Send your motivation letter with curriculum vitae by July 17th, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org